1. TestingCup – Polish Championship in Software Testing (hereinafter referred to as the Championship) are organised by 21CN Radosław Smilgin company (hereinafter referred to as the Organiser).
2. The Organiser shall appoint the Referee Commission which will supervise the course of the Championship, evaluate the work of the participants as well as select the Championship winners.
3. The Championship will be held from 28 to 29 May 2018 in Łódź at the Andel’s By Vienna House hotel.
4. The aim of the Championship is:
4.1. Promotion of software testing and quality assurance in Poland and abroad.
4.2. Bringing attention of the mainstream media to the subject of software testing.
4.3. Promotion of Poland as a country with good IT background, both in programming and testing.
4.4. Organisation of contest consisting in testing competition between individuals and companies.
4.5. Organisation of the substantive conference on software testing.
5. Anyone can take part in the Championship, regardless of experience in software testing (subject to point § 7.4 of these Regulations).
6. In case of minor participants, their legal guardians’ consent is required.
7. The Championship will be held in two categories: individual and team.
8. Taking part as a visitor and a conference participant is possible.
9. It is possible to compete only in one category.
10. Persons directly involved in preparation and organisation of the given edition of the event cannot take part in the Championship.
11. The application tested during the Championship shall be prepared in English.
12. Documentation provided during the Championship shall be prepared in English.
1. The conditions for participation in the Championship as an individual or team participant are as follows:
1.1 Filling in the registration form and providing data for invoice issuance, both for companies and individuals.
1.2 Positive completion of the registration process, confirmed by information provided by the Organiser.
1.3 Payment of the Championship participation fee.
2. The Registration form shall be available on the website www.testingcup.pl from 22-29 January 2018 (1st round), 19-26 February 2018 (2nd round), 19-26 March 2018 (3rd round) as long as seats are available. Additional pool of seats (see point 3) shall be made available for each round. Registration for the conference shall be carried out during the 1st round. Registration shall begin on 22 January 2018 and will last as long as there are seats available.
3. The number of tickets in particular rounds is:
a. 1st round – 120 seats
b. 2nd round - 90 seats
c. 3rd round – 40 seats; this number is subject to change on the basis of previous registrations.
4. After closure of registration is announced, registration for participation in the Championship will not be possible.
5. An individual participant shall be designated with “name (names) and surname” or “name (names) and surname/ company name” – in case of participation on behalf of a company.
6. A team shall be designated with a name approved by the Organiser. The name must be unique.
7. A team consists of 3 persons.
8. During team registration, it is required to appoint the captain wo will be the sole person responsible for: communication with the Referee Commission, organisational and decision-related issues.
9. The maximum number of Championship participants is limited by the hall capacity which is 250 seats. The Organiser, depending on its capabilities, can decide to increase the number of participants, changing the hall layout configuration.
10. The pool of guaranteed seats is extended by:
10.1. winners of the team or individual category (places from 1 to 3) from the previous Championship editions. The team roster can be changed by only one player.
10.2. winners of Hackathon, organised by JavaGirl and GirlsWhoTest, which was held on 26 August 2017.
10.3. winners of contests the award for which is free or guaranteed participation in the Championship held by the Organiser.
11. The pool of guaranteed seats shall not release from fulfilment of other prerequisites for participation in the Championship, such as payment of the participation fee.
12. If the number of registered participants is lower than the maximum number of participants by 26 March 2018, the registration shall be continued until the said maximum number is reached or until 30 April 2018.
13. If the number of participants is too low, the Championship shall be cancelled, the reason for cancellation shall be presented, and participation fees shall be refunded.
14. The requirement for organisation of the contest in the individual category shall be registration of at least 10 participants in this category.
15. The requirement for organisation of the contest in the team category shall be registration of at least 10 teams in this category.
16. Each participant and team are obliged to pay the costs of Championship participation.
17. If the number of available seats is insufficient, the Organiser shall create a reserve list of participants and teams for the 3rd registration round.
18. The reserve list shall be filled based on the order of applications.
19. If a seat is vacated due to failure to meet the registration requirements or due to resignation of any participant, the individual participants or teams that are entered in the next item of the reserve list shall be informed of the possibility to participate in the Championship.
20. The fee for participation in an individual or team contest shall be (net) PLN 600 per person. The fee includes:
20.1. Taking part in the Championship on 28 May 2018,
20.2. Taking part in lectures and events planned on 28 May 2018, in accordance with the established schedule.
20.3. Taking part in the results announcement ceremony on 29 May 2018,
20.4. Catering during the Championship on 28 May 2018.
21. The fee for participation in an individual or team contest and participation in the Conference shall be (net) PLN 1050 per person. This fee includes:
21.1. Taking part in the Championship on 28 May 2018,
21.2. Taking part in lectures and events planned on 28 May 2018, in accordance with the established schedule,
21.3. Taking part in the Conference on 29 May 2018,
21.4. Catering during the Championship on 28 May 2018 and Conference on 29 May 2018.
22. Payments must be made within 7 days from receipt of event registration confirmation from the Organiser, however not later than by 30 April 2018, to the bank account specified by the Organiser. Failure to make this payment shall result in removal from the list of Championship participants.
23. Championship participation confirmation shall be sent to the e-mail address provided during the registration within maximum 7 days from the day the payment is credited in the Organiser’s account.
1. The Championship and Conference will be held in Łódź, from 28 to 29 May 2018 (from 8:00 to 18:00), in accordance with the published schedule. The Championship will be held on 28 May 2018 and the Conference will be held on 29 May.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to change the schedule.
3. During registration on the day of the Championship, participants shall present an identity document containing his/her photograph to the Organiser. If a participant fails to appear for registration on time or fails to present the said identity document with a photograph, he/she shall be disqualified, and the registration fee will not be refunded to such a participant.
4. The Championship shall include one round of tests. The round shall consist in the following:
4.1. Testing provided application in accordance with instructions supplied by the Organiser, search for defects and reporting them.
4.2. Creation of a document or documents regarded as a software testing process element. The type of the document or documents shall be selected by the Organiser and the Participants shall be notified of it not later than prior to commencement of the test round.
5. The Championship winners in the individual and team category shall be selected based on the results obtained during the Championship.
6. Defects shall be reported by means of the tool selected and indicated by the Organiser (e.g. text editor). All documents shall be created by means of the said selected tool provided by the Organiser (such as a text editor). Information regarding the required form of reporting shall be provided prior to commencement of the test round.
7. Participation of visitors shall be limited to participation in lectures and watching the course of the Championship.
8. Each of the individual and team participants shall have its own computer (laptop or other computer, with exclusion of such devices as tablets or smartphones) with Windows 7 or newer version of the operating system installed, which is a necessary tool to take part in the Championship. The organiser allows for use of the keyboard and mouse as well as one external monitor per team/individual participant.
9. The Computer must be configured in accordance with the Organiser’s guidelines. The guidelines shall be provided not later than 7 days prior to the Championship. The said guidelines can concern the following:
9.1. Installation and configuration of additional software,
9.2. Configuration of the communication option,
9.3. Verification of correct functioning of the environment,
9.4. Other activities connected with hardware and software preparation.
10. One team can have not more than three computers.
11. One individual participant can have not more than one computer.
12. The computer must meet technical requirements specified by the Organiser prior to the Championship. The Organiser shall make all effort so that the applications tested during the Championship can be supported by the participants’ computers, but does not accept any liability for improper functioning of computers or inability to launch the tested application.
13. The Organiser does not accept liability for theft or damage of equipment brought to the Championship by the participants.
14. If a participant does not have his/her own computer, it is possible to rent a computer (laptop) for an additional fee. Such a participant is obliged to notify the Organiser about his/her will to rent the computer, sending such a notice to the following e-mail address: email@example.com, not later than on 30 April 2018.
15. In case of technical problems with computer operation, the Organiser, if possible, shall make a substitute computer available. In case of lack of substitute computers, the Participant shall end its participation in the Championship with defects detected and documents prepared up to this moment, if they can be recovered from the participant’s computer during the Championship.
16. After the Championship are finished, the rented computers must be returned to the Organiser. All users (in the individual category) and captains (in the team category) shall be liable for any mechanical damage of rented computers.
17. The created documents can be prepared in Polish or English. Documents in other languages shall not be subject to evaluation.
18. Leaving the hall during the testing and defects reporting phase is allowed, provided that:
18.1. The station cannot be left during the first 20 minutes after commencement of the test round.
18.2. The participant is obliged to be present at his/her station during the last 20 minutes before the test round ends.
18.3. When leaving and returning to the station, it is prohibited to interrupt other participants of the Championship.
18.4. The station can be left by only one team member at a time.
18.5. Leaving the station is subject to agreement of the person appointed by the Organiser.
18.6. Failure to observe the above rules results in disqualification of the participant.
19. Communication during a test round shall be limited in the following scope:
19.1. Individual participants can communicate only with the Referee Commission as well as volunteers present in the hall.
19.2. Members of the given team can communicate among themselves.
19.3. Team captains can communicate with the Referee Commission as well as volunteers present in the hall.
20. The following types of communication are completely prohibited during a test round:
20.1. between Members of different teams,
20.2. between individual participants,
20.3. between team members and individual participants
20.4. between software testing participants and viewers
20.5. between software testing participants and other persons who do not take part in the Championship.
21. In case of detection of prohibited communication (e.g. visible similarities in the documents created by two or more teams or individual participants), the viewers shall be removed from the Championship, and participants shall be disqualified. The decision on disqualification shall be made by the Referee Commission.
22. The following is prohibited during a test round:
22.1. Using debuggers, decompilers and messengers,
22.2. Using such electronic devices as mobile phones and tablets.
22.3. Using devices other than specified above (wired or wireless), including USB drives (except for those provided by the Organiser).
23. In case of use of prohibited hardware or software, persons or teams taking part in such an act shall be disqualified. The decision on disqualification shall be made by the Referee Commission.
24. After disqualification, the team or individual participant must leave the occupied station. Disqualified participants shall not be taken into consideration in the general classification.
25. Disqualification of a participant of the Championship shall not entitle the disqualified person to lodge claims for reimbursement of the costs of participation.
26. Decisions of the Referee Commission made during the Championship shall be final.
27. Scoring rules
27.1. The general classification shall be established on the basis of the sum of points awarded for reported defects and required documents.
27.2. Evaluation rules shall be delivered prior to the testing round.
27.3. Defect evaluation shall be carried out by the Referee Commission on the basis of reproduction of reported defects. The defect reproductions cannot require changes in the testing environment or installation of additional software.
28. Results shall be announced in accordance with the Championship schedule, however, the Organiser reserves the possibility to announce them at a later date.
1. The prerequisites for participation in the Championship as a viewer are as follows:
1.1. Filling in the registration form.
1.2. Paying the registration fee.
2. Qualification for participation in the Conference and Championship as a viewer is based on the order of accepted applications. The following shall be taken into consideration:
2.1. Registration of participation as a Viewer,
2.2. Registration of participation as a Championship participant (if such a person has not been awarded Championship qualification or has not reported his/her will to participate as a Viewer).
3. The fee for participation in the Conference and Championship as a viewer shall be (net) PLN 800 per person. The fee includes:
3.1. Participation in lectures on 28 and 29 May 2018, in accordance with the established schedule,
3.2. Possibility to watch the course of the Championship on 28 May 2018,
3.3. Participation in the Conference on 29 May 2018,
3.4. Catering during the Championship on 28 May 2018 and Conference on 29 May 2018.
4. Payment must be made within 7 days from the date of receipt of the Organiser’s confirmation, however not later than by 30 April 2018, to the bank account specified by the Organiser.
5. Failure to pay within the time limit specified in point 4 shall result in removal from the list of Conference and Championship participants.
6. There are 200 seats available for Championship viewers. If there are available seats left upon individual and team registration completion, the seat pool for the viewers shall be extended by the number of available seats left.
7. If the number of participants is too low, the Conference shall be cancelled, the reason for cancellation shall be presented, and entry fees shall be refunded.
8. The registration form or address to the registration form shall be available from 22 January 2018 on the website www.testingcup.pl, as long as there are seats available.
1. All participants of the Championship shall receive participation diplomas.
2. The results (understood as final classification for 10 first places) shall be announced on 29 May 2018, after the end of the Conference, in accordance with the schedule.
3. Results understood as the final classification for all participants will be announced within 7 days from the end of the Championship/Conference on the website www.testingcup.pl.
4. The competition awards shall be granted for three first places in each category.
5. Competition awards shall be enlarged by the supplementary monetary award, granted respectively. The award referred to in the previous sentence shall not be paid out, but shall be applied for coverage of tax under provisions of the act of 26 July 1991 on personal income tax (Journal of Laws No. 51, item 307, as amended). The Organiser bears liability for deduction of tax on awards.
6. The Participant shall confirm the collection of the award with his/her signature affixed in the award collection protocol.
7. Monetary awards shall be transferred to the participants via wire transfer to the bank account within 14 days from the day on which the Championship results are declared.
8. In-kind awards shall be transferred to the participants after announcement of the Championship results.
9. Championship participants cannot transfer the right to the award onto any third parties.
10. A Championship award winner cannot request exchange of the award for its monetary equivalent or an award of different type.
11. If the Championship winner fails to collect the award on the Championship day, the award can be collected at the Organiser’s office (ul. Mickiewicza 15 office 11, 40-086 Katowice) within 1 month from the results announcement date. Upon lapse of the said time limit, the right to the award shall be automatically transferred onto the Organiser.
12. The Organiser bears no liability for inability to collect the award due to reasons attributable to the Championship winners.
1. Personal data entered by the applicant in the application form shall be processed by the Organiser under the personal data protection act of 29 August 1997 (consolidated text, Journal of Laws No. 101, item 926 of 2002, as amended).
2. The Organiser shall process personal data provided in the registration form in the scope necessary to establish, change or terminate the legal relationship.
3. Registration for the Championship shall be equivalent to granting consent for personal data to be processed by the Organiser for administrative and statistical purposes as well as to provide marketing services.
4. Providing the company name as the team name during registration confirms possession of consent to use such a company name.
5. Registration for the Championship shall be equivalent to granting consent for use of the participant’s image, name and surname as well as team name in the scope of information and advertising activities conducted by the Organiser and its associated entities.
6. Sharing data is voluntary, but necessary for proper registration. The applicant is entitled to view his/her data as well as to correct them or demand their removal.
1. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Regulations.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to publish selected works, statements and image of Championship participants.
3. Participants who fail to observe the Regulations can be disqualified.
4. The Organiser reserves the right to reject the application for participation in the Championship and/or Conference if conduct non-conformant with the ethics of the tester profession or generally adopted rules of good conduct has been documented in relation to the given person.
5. In all matters not governed by these Regulations, the provisions of the commonly applicable law shall apply, in particular the provisions of the Polish Civil Code.
6. The Organiser shall not bear liability for any delays or hindrances in communication with Championship participants resulting from reasons beyond its control.
7. In case of fortuitous events, beyond the Organiser’s control, which preclude holding the Championship, the registration fee shall be refunded. No other compensation shall be provided in such a case.
8. Appeals against decisions of the Referee Commission shall be accepted within the time limit of 3 days from the announcement of the Championship results. The Organiser reserves the right to review the appeal within 14 days from its receipt.
9. The Regulations shall apply as of 15 January 2018 until publication of new Regulations.
10. Accepting the Regulations, the Championship participant declares that all provisions of these Regulations are clear and comprehensible to him/her and that he/she accepts them without reservations. The person registering other persons for participation declares that all persons registered by him/her have familiarised themselves with and accept the provisions of the Regulations as well as grant their consent for their personal data to be processed according to the provisions of the registration form.